It is your responsibility to claim any Housing Benefit that you may be entitled to. If you are receiving Welfare Benefits or are on a low income, you may be entitled to receive Housing Benefit. If so, this will be paid direct to your rent account with Incommunities.
If you want to apply for Housing Benefit, it is important that you fill in the form that we give you when you sign your licence agreement and return it to us as quickly as possible. Your open moves support worker will help you with this.
If you do not return the form, you will be responsible for paying the full rent for your accommodation.
To find out more about applying for Housing Benefit, click on the links below for new Housing Benefits claims
- you can also get an instant online benefit estimate by clicking here
- you can also download a claim form to fill in here
- you can also need the essential documents checklist and download it by clicking here
You will need to tell the Housing Benefit section, in writing, of any changes to your family or financial circumstances
- you are also responsible for telling them about any changes in the income of anyone else in your household aged over 16
- if you do not return the form, tell the Housing Benefit section about any changes or provide all proof we ask for, you may have to pay the full rent for your home
- if you need help with the form or have any questions about Housing Benefit, you can speak with your open moves support worker within the temporary accommodation advice team or visit: local advisory Service
- or call the Housing Benefit team on tel: 01274 432772
Housing Benefit does not cover the temporary accommodation service charge for covers heating, hot water, water, lighting and sewerage charges in your interim accommodation. So it is important that you keep paying this, even if you are still waiting for Housing Benefit to be awarded.