Temporary accommodation is used by Open Moves on behalf of Bradford Council to house people in the short-term, or until permanent accommodation is secured.
The temporary accommodation service will assist you in this process.
Eligibility for interim/temporary accommodation will be assessed initially by the housing options team based at:
When visiting the Open Moves advice team, we aim to:
- see everyone within 10 minutes of your arrival
When you accept an offer of a temporary home we will:
- provide you with a welcome pack during the sign up for a property and explain the terms of your occupancy agreement
- allocate to you a named advice team support worker within 24 hours of your arrival
- complete an admission form with you at sign up, as part of a detailed support plan
- ensure the property we offer you is in a reasonable standard of repair and decoration and ready to occupy
- have contact with your support worker on a regular basis, as often as appropriate, enabling us to meet your housing-related support needs
When collecting rent we will:
- send you a rent statement (at least quarterly) notifying you of your rent and service charge liability
- inform you in writing of any other increases we make to your payment obligations a minimum of 28 days before it takes effect
We welcome customer feedback about our advice service. If you wish to comment on the standards above you can:
The Temporary Accommodation Manager
c/o Open Moves
or e-mail us at:
If you are not satisfied with our response you may wish to make a formal complaint using our complaints procedure.