homes provides a free service to help you find a suitable home in the Bradford District.
Attention: From Tuesday 16th July 2013, Incommunities will be introducing a new system, Value Based Lettings (VBL) as part of the ongoing Aire Wharfe Lettings Pilot Scheme.
If you have already been seen at an Open Moves office you do not need to register, you will be contacted by a member of staff to check your details are correct and update any change in circumstances.
how does VBL work?
After registering with us, your level of need is established after you are assessed. If you are an Incommunities tenant, depending on your circumstances, you may be assessed by a Neighbourhood Housing Officer. If you own or rent your property from another landlord you will be assessed by a Housing Options Officer from Openmoves. After assessment your application will be placed in one of three levels based on your need.
- you have a right to an appointment with a Housing Options Officer if you wish
for the two routes to housing:
how the property shop works
When a property does not match to a customer on the waiting list, the property will go into the Property Shop. The Property Shop will display all available homes in the area and give details, just like an estate agents.
You can get more information by visiting the Property Shop or by contacting tel: 01274 257880
to use the property shop we will need to know from you:
- the property you are interested in
- your name, address and date of birth
- if you have, or previously had an Incommunities tenancy
- if you have lived outside of the UK within the last five years
- who is moving with you
- if you have a connection with the area where the available property is
- if you are in work, seeking work or doing any voluntary work
- if you are able and ready to move
Customers wishing to apply for a home must provide proof of income ID, and household members who are to move with you so please bring this with you when visiting the office.
VBL Housing Allocations
If you are urgently looking for a home and fall into one or more of the categories below please contact us on tel: 01274 257880 and we will advise you on your options:
- you are homeless now or will be in the next 28 days
- you live in an overcrowded property at least two bedrooms short of your needs
- you live in what is assessed as unfit housing
- you live conditions which is having a serious impact on the health or welfare of someone in your household and urgently need to move