supported living helps provide tenancy support to all those who need it. With our free and confidential help, you can achieve the right level of independent living that’s perfect for you and your situation.
Homeless out of hours (evenings, weekends and holiday periods)
- if you are facing homelessness out of hours and need assistance, a telephone referral service is available by phoning our out-of-hours contact number tel: 01274 257600
At Open Moves our supported living team will:
- see you within 10 days if you are threatened with being homeless
- try and find a way to prevent you losing your current home and offer you a range of options that address your housing needs
- ensure emergency accommodation is available on the day that you need it if you have nowhere to stay and have been assessed as in need
- identify any support needs you have at an early stage and refer you to appropriate agencies that can meet those needs
- make homeless decisions as quickly as possible and look to achieve this within 33 days
If you are eligible for interim/temporary accommodation you will be referred to the temporary accommodation service based at Octavia Court.
- an interim/temporary accommodation address will be identified immediately (if available). Otherwise bed and breakfast accommodation may be used as a last resort
- a named support worker will be allocated within 24 hours of arrival into the service
- within 24 hours of arrival into the service, a booking-in will be completed, an induction provided and initial support plan discussed between client and support worker
- outside of normal working hours, we will take direct referrals and assess “priority need” and provide emergency overnight accommodation
- we will strive to find alternative accommodation for households even if they are not believed to be “priority need”
- If you are homeless and currently reside in temporary accommodation at our “Place of Change” Octavia Court, or one of our other addresses, then there are a number of ways we can help you.
- we can help you to find alternative accomodation in the private sector and you can still bid for Incommunities homes in the meantime by clicking here
Choice based lettings
- Open Moves homes gives homeless families more choice about where they live. It allows you choose a property rather than be given a property.
Reporting a repair
- you can contact the emergency repairs service here
Ways to pay your rent
- your tenancy conditions say that you must pay your rent every week
- it’s important that you decide how to pay your rent before moving to a new home
Difficulties in paying your rent
- are you having problems paying your rent? Contact us by clicking here
Applying for Housing Benefit
- it’s your resosibility to claim any Housing Benefit
Interim and temporary accommodation
- who is eligible for temporary accommodation?
- to download a copy of the information leaflet click here
What to do next
if you are facing any of the issues listed above you can call us on tel: 01274 254010